Friendship-bracelets.net has been up for a long time without updates, and it is now getting a bit old. It’s time for me to rewrite it all in HTML5!
Why rebuild it all?
Rebuilding it will take a lot of time, but it will be worth it. The site will…
- become faster
- support more cool things
- become more secure
- be easier for me to maintain and develop
- have more nice looking URLs
- have new HTML5 generators with more features than the current ones
- have a developer & moderator blog
- feature better photo uploading
- probably be supported on more devices
- …and more!
Obviously, everything should be at least as good as it was before, most things will hopefully be a little bit better.
How far I got
I guess what you guys want is a screenshot, so here you go!
It is hard to explain to non-programmers exactly how much has been built of the site, but what I can say is that I’ve got the basics done.. Such as:
- Page layout
- Login and out
- Very basic HTML5 normal generator
- Most things regarding the guestbook, links and FAQ
- Static pages such as the Donate page
- Profile picture uploader
- Database layout and tools for transfer the old data to it
What is left to do is the rest of the site (duh!). I think that most of the remaining work is going to go more smoothly, as I’ve already learned how to use the tech behind the stuff above.
I’ll get back with more updates, stay tuned!